My Scrapbook Resume

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sometimes I Repeat Myself. Repeat Myself.

I have a really hard time making layouts that don't contain a story of some sort. Which is fine, because I find I have lots of stories to tell. But sometimes I just love a photo, and I just want to scrapbook it, and there simply is no story. I see other people do it all the time, and the results are fabulous.

Recently, I took a series of photos in front of this very blue wall. I had been admiring this wall over the course of the summer, so I was glad when the boys and I were walking to do some back to school shopping, and they were in a good mood, and I thought I might be able to convince them to let me take some photos. So I led them to this place.

They were somewhat cooperative. Which for them is very good.



I really wanted to scrap this photo, but the story of how it came to be was simple not inspiring to me at the time. Mom wants to take picture. Boys don't usually want to have their picture taken. Mom convinces boys to take picture.

I tried very hard to scrap the photo without any story. But I just couldn't do it! I know it makes no sense. 

So, I told the best story I could, even though it is one that I told before. Almost exactly. Namely, that even though they think I take too many pictures, they have no idea how many times I don't take pictures because I don't want to bother them. And, also, because sometimes we have to get places.


See?



Oh, well. So sue me.

(Please don't sue me.)



1 comment:

  1. ha - I do that, too...all the time! love your layouts - the photos in your newest layout are really great.

    ReplyDelete