My Scrapbook Resume

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What Are You Guys Talking About?

I don't know about any of you, but no matter where we are in relation to our children, as soon as Dave and I are engrossed in conversation, somehow, someway, they know we are talking.  And, it turns out that they find us so fascinating that they immediately stop what they are doing, find us, and say, "What are you guys talking about?" 

It happens so frequently, it's funny. 

Also, sometimes annoying. 

So one day, I was thinking how nice it will be when Dave and I can have an entire conversation all by ourselves. (I am sure that someone out there is thinking that we should simply enforce a "no interrupting" rule. Yeah, that's not really our thing.) Then I realized what goes along with my idyllic vision of long talks with Dave: Grown up children who have moved away. Or just older children have who realized that their parents are quite boring people. Or maybe children who suddenly begin speaking in British accents, and say things like, "Excuse me Mother. (With a nod) Father. When you are done conversing, please join us for tea in the sitting room. We will take our leave now." Yes, that is how I imagine English people really speak.

So for now, I'll take the interruptions. 

(Or maybe the uber-polite British kids.)

All that is to share a recent scrapbook page I made:



No comments:

Post a Comment