My Scrapbook Resume

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Bigger Picture


I really like telling little stories, and capturing small moments. In fact, I would consider it a strength of mine. Like here, at Fort Donelson, I captured a few photos of Max. It was late in the day when we visited there, it was hot, and while it we were all interested in the site, we were also interested in getting to our motel for the night. So at that time, Max was giving me his, "I'm not smiling for the camera" face. As I snapped away anyway with my, "this is our family vacation, so I am still going to take pictures" mindset, I made a joke. I don't recall what I said, but it's okay, because what matters to me is that I can still make Max laugh. 

Thank you Sketchabilities for this sketch.

But now I would also like to capture the bigger picture of our vacation. Where we went, what we did, and what we thought about it all. This is a bit more slow-going. But, I've been plugging away anyway, and here's what I got. It's about Mammoth Cave, and conquering my claustrophobia to join the family in the two hour cave tour. Two hours is a long time to be in a place without doors,in my opinion. I was very proud of myself when I was done. (And so glad to be in the big, green, luscious OUTDOORS.)


Coming up next: The Superman House


No comments:

Post a Comment