My Scrapbook Resume

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

New Series

Before I discuss my new blog series, I would just like to say this: While I don't claim to be a saint, I don't think I am a horribly materialistic person. Sure, compared to the majority of humans who have ever lived, and who live on this planet right now, I have a ridiculous amount of material goods. And, there are always things on my wishlist. But, within the context of living in 21st century America, I try to be happy with what I have.

Furthermore, here is a favorite Valentine's Day story that my friend told me this year. Her husband was going to buy her chocolate for Valentine's day. He called up from work on Valentine's day saying he wasn't buying her the chocolate, because he had a coupon, and he forgot it at home, and he knows she would be more annoyed at him for paying full price, than she would if he didn't buy anything. And, to me, that's a very sweet and romantic Valentine's day story. Because, it's not about what you buy, but about the fact that they know each other so well, and enjoy each other's company.

Despite that, my new series is totally selfish and materialistic. It will run once a week from now until June 16th. (And by once a week, I mean whenever I get around to it.) The name of the series is:

A List of Items My Husband Can Buy me for Our 15th Wedding Anniversary

I don't want all of the things on the list. But, I want it to be a jewelery, and I want it to be a little nicer than a regular anniversary gift (which we sometimes forgo altogether). And, I want it to be a little romantic. Maybe even with a special little note engraved on the inside about how special I am.

So, without further ado, I bring you, the first installment of:

A List of Items My Husband Can Buy me for Our 15th Wedding Anniversary


This beauty can be bought here:





This darling can be bought here: And it's pretty inexpensive, so it might go nicely with this:


From here.




This pretty flower is not my usual MO, but it's interesting, and might go nicely with the last item for today, this:

No comments:

Post a Comment