My Scrapbook Resume

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Amd back out of my comfort zone again

Another circle in a layout, and slanted pictures in the latest Simple Scrapping Sketch Challenge. Slanted pictures?!! I can't remember the last time I did such a thing. I thought for sure I would have to straighten these babies out, and substitute something "roundish" for the circle, but it all came together in the end.




It's funny, because if I look back at layouts from over the years, the ones about Sam are so often about how he moves: biking, climbing, jumping, etc. Recently, I made this one (again with the circle):



But I also have these, some dating back all the way back to 2006:







And here's one that I still love as much as I did on the day that I made it:



On the one hand, I think it says a lot about Sam. He is active, energetic, brave, talented, and a risk-taker (G-d, give me strength),and I guess he always has been. But I think it also says a lot about me. I am the one who took the pictures, and I am the one who scrapbooked them. I haven't always scrapbooked birthdays or holidays. Sure I mean to, but when I sit down to scrap, what are the layouts that get done? Well, so many of my finished layouts are about the kids' play, about nature, about activities we have done together, and about how much they have grown over the years. So, in their own way, all my layouts reflect what I enjoy most and what I value.

What do your scrapbooking subjects say about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment