My Scrapbook Resume

Sunday, August 11, 2013

What We've Been Doing This Summer

Well, first, I can tell you what I haven't been doing, and that is blogging. 

So let's go back to June and July. For the first time, I think ever, neither Max nor Sam was signed up for camp until the end of July. And there were no trips or special events to break up the time until their respective camps started. 

So I needed a plan to keep these guys busy. I came up with a little schedule, for which I was greatly mocked at first, but it came in quite handy when summer finally rolled around. Pretty soon, they were saying things like, "Wait, is today a neighborhood walk day?"


We didn't follow this schedule too closely, but it made sure that we always had a project planned or somewhere to go. It was quite pleasant, actually.

We walked to Williamsburg: 


Took some photos:

Visited the City Reliquary:



We discovered a really cool community garden:


We baked:


And we made some cool projects:





There was also lots of time spent watching TV, swimming, getting ready for camp, and just doing nothing. It already seems like a long time ago. 


No comments:

Post a Comment