My Scrapbook Resume

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

And finally some more layouts

I've had a bunch of layouts that I've been wanting to share for a while, but I had trouble photographing some of them. I'm not quite sure why, but it's all in the past now. So let's move on.

These two layouts are Erev Pesach, which literally means the "Eve of Passover," but generally refers to the day Passover begins. That was a busy day, indeed, in the Deutsch home, as we cooked and cleaned and prepared for the Seders. This year, erev Pesach was slightly less busy since my parents were visiting. My mother helped with some of the cleaning, and it's amazing how much easier that made everything else. First of all, I was able to got bed the night before Pesach, at about 11. That is the first time in my adult years that I can remember being in bed before 1 am. It also meant that I could slow down enough to document some of the little details that make up this holiday.

Since my kids have been in preschool, almost every year they have come home with some Pesach crafts and  a haggadah (the book read at the Seder, with prayers, songs, the four questions, etc.)  Every year, I take out their old haggadahs, and Max and Sam look through them. Some of them have photographs in them from preschool. In this picture, they were comparing their haggadahs from first grade, and seeing if they were the same.


I kind of love this layout. It's the first one in a while where I'm really pleased with the results. 

This next guy, has a picture of our Seder table just before Pesach officially began. We don't take pictures after the holiday begins, so I can't take pictures of the Seder itself. But, I did record in words the image of this table and my kitchen after the Seder. Trust me, four cups of wine, and lots of pieces of Matzah later, it's not as pretty (hence the plastic tablecloth). But those little bits of mess are all part of the holiday tradition as well. The Seder is a long and messy meal, that often runs late into the night, so in addition to crumbs and spills and dirty dishes, there are people sprawled on the couch or stumbling to bed at the Seder's end.


With these two layouts, I was able to start digging in to some new scrapbook supplies, including some from Simple Stories, Jenni Bowlin, Prima, and My Mind's Eye, and of course, my Cocoa Daisy kits. Love.

I'll be back again with some Pesach activities and their layouts.



No comments:

Post a Comment