My Scrapbook Resume

Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's Time For Take Twelve




The eve of Take Twelve seems like the perfect time to share some of my own exciting photographic developments.

 Back in December, around the time that I decided that "camera" would be my One Little Word,  there was a deal on Living Social for a 6 hour photography class at Brooklyn Creative. Well, today was the day of that class, and it was absolutely perfect. It was chock full of information, right at the level that I needed.

 In preparing for the class, I was looking into renting a DSLR for the day. Long story short, while looking to rent one, I bought one. It was kind of a  crazy, spur of the moment decision for a large purchase, but after it was done, I was so happy I cried. Weird, I know. What can I say? Scrapbooking and photography are important to me. I am grateful to be moving to this next level of photgraphy.

So here's some of what I managed to do today:

Me and my Cammy. I like the noises she makes. Click. Snap.

I finally got Depth of Focus

My usual MO. But now in Manual Mode






And when I came home, I was able to do this:



When all was said and done, I had taken about 350 pictures. After reviewing them all, I think I have less than a hundred now. But every "mistake" was totally worth it, because I understand more today than I did yesterday.  

I am totally ready for Take Twelve. What about you?



6 comments:

  1. Looking great! Congratulations! What camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This little guy:
      http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Rebel-T3-Digital-18-55mm/dp/B004J3Y9U6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331518014&sr=8-2

      Delete
  2. It almost makes ME sniffly thinking about you and your new camera... HOORAY!!!!! I'm so glad you made the jump. And what an awesome experience it sounds like your class was... one of these days I'm totally going to show up on your doorstep for a neighborhood photowalk. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you are more than welcome. The neighborhood where I took the class (and is very close to my work) was just gorgeous! Every building is an old factory, refurbished into beautiful lofts, and just filled with colors and textures and even faded words. And, by the water, with 2 bridges close by.

      Delete
  3. I just checked out that Brooklyn Creative site... wow. What a terrific class resource that sounds like!!

    ReplyDelete