My Scrapbook Resume

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

15 Years

Last week, Dave and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. We don't usually make a big deal of our anniversaries, but I felt like this was a big one. 15 is big. 15 is momentous. So in the weeks leading up to it, I happened across a photo from our engagement party. It's not a great photo, but we just looked so young that it felt like I was looking at pictures of someone else. Two people who had no idea what their life would be like. They hadn't even started their careers. They didn't know what their kids would be like. And I'm sure that to them,  "15 years" seemed like a million years away. And it got me thinking," if I could tell those two people something that they should do differently to make their future better what would I tell them?" And, I really did think about it a long time, and I couldn't come up with anything. And I thought, "hey that's pretty impressive." That means I am totally happy with our lives right now. No regrets. It would be an understatement to say that not every day has been idyllic, but all the bumps and bruises along the way, are just parts that make the whole. And the whole is pretty darn good.

Maybe I should have written that. But I ran out of space for my journaling. So, I had to keep it short.



And since I still wanted to make something else to make the day special, I made this mini, mini album for my hubby, who has needed some encouragement lately that he is a good husband and father. It's important to enjoy it now because it's so small, we probably won't be able to see it when we are older. (It 2.5"x3.5".)




So June 16th, 2011 can go down in our history as a perfect day.

2 comments:

  1. Really beautiful!It's hard to resist the temptation to think of these years in terms of my own life- this year is our ten year anniversary. And you and I worked at Beit Rabban during the 97-98 school year, I guess the year after you married. How time flies! I think our students are graduating college already!

    ReplyDelete