My Scrapbook Resume

Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Different Kind of Challenge

I am usually a sketch challenge kind of girl, but this month I decided to play along with a different kind of challenge at Cocoa Daisy. The challenge is to create a layout following in the style of one of their Design Team gals. This month the challenge was to scraplift the style of the fabulous Denise Morrison. Her style is best described on the Cocoa Daisy blog: "There’s a cool messiness to her work. She paints, she mists and masks, she scribbles, she layers." It was very freeing to approach a layout with someone else's style in mind. It made me pull out mists and stamps. It made me rip paper. I laid some things diagonally.  I even scribbled a bit. (And I don't even like to hand write on my layouts.)


And then I didn't worry about writing a long story. I just wrote some words that I liked. Though really there is a long story about my title. I'll try to keep it short. 

I am quiet. I am shy. I am even anxious. Sometimes, really anxious. And that can  really make it difficult  for me to get things done. Still, I feel quite confident and strong in who I am. Even if who I am is a quiet and shy and anxious person. But, I know what I am good at. I know what is hard for me. When it's worth it, I will push past the anxiety. I will push myself outside my "comfort zone." But not always. Because I think it takes just as much awareness and confidence to say, "No, Thanks. That's not for me. I will take the easier road, so that I can be a better mother, and a better wife, and accomplish what I want to accomplish in my time here on this Earth." 

No comments:

Post a Comment