My Scrapbook Resume

Friday, April 27, 2012

The Bronx Zoo; More tales from Passover; and a trip down scrapbooking memory lane


If you can't tell from the title-we went to the Bronx Zoo. I didn't really think that we could still get away with going to the zoo as a way to keep a 10 and 13 year old busy, but they were both happy to go. And my mom, who grew up in Brooklyn, never went to the Bronx Zoo before. 

I was very excited to be outdoors for hours with my camera, and family, and non-human subjects to photograph as well. Imagine my surprise (and dismay) when I discovered I left my memory card safely tucked away in my computer drive. So sad. All those other zoo visitors were mocking me as I heard their cameras zooming and clicking away. I sighed a bit, and then some more, and then resigned myself to iphone photos. Everyone else loves them, and they take perfectly wonderful photos. And I had it with me, unlike my memory card.

I'm not sure at what point I remembered that we had a similar trip to the zoo on Pesach in 2005. I remember the day well, because it was one of those moments when you realize you have no more babies. We went to the zoo with nary a diaper bag, stroller, or sippy cup in sight. I loved it, and I loved having two big kids who could talk, ask questions, and think about the animals they saw. 

2005 was also when I first started scrapbooking. I still had never made a 12x12 page. When I first started paper crafting, I had a hard time making actual scrapbook pages. Confronted with a large page, I just froze up. So at first I just made lots of cards. And then at some point I received this book as a gift:


Since it was small (6x6), it was less scary. I basically just used photos with a few bits of cardstock or patterned paper. It was like just dipping my feet into the pool until I was ready to jump in.

So these are pictures from the zoo on that day in 2005 when I realized that neither of my children were babies anymore. I'm pretty sure that space on the right  page is where I was planning to write about that discovery. But, clearly, I never did. 




Anyway, I remembered this early scrapbook page, and this early trip to the zoo, and at some point I realized that Max was looking through the same telescope as in 2005. 




The end.

What did your early scrapbook pages look like?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aliza: I love this, especially M looking through the same telescope. Excited to see you soon!
    Moira

    ReplyDelete