My Scrapbook Resume

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Simply Scrapping Crafts Blog Hop!

Welcome blog hoppers! Come on in, make yourselves at home. Can I get you a cup of coffee? Here, have some cookies. I made them myself.

There. Now that you're all settled, let's talk crafting a bit, shall we?
Well, the challenge for this blog hop was to create something using a masking technique. So, about a month ago, I said, "Sure, I'll do that. I have no idea what masking is, but it's probably not rocket science, right?" I studied Chrissie's and Rene's examples, and as the date loomed closer (yesterday), I scoured the internet for more examples and tutorials. But, I'm a very simple scrapper. I don't use a lot of techniques, I don't use lots of stamps, and I don't have any glimmer mists (though I do have some on the way, actually.) I knew what I wanted to scrap, I just needed a way to incorporate masking. Or, at least, I wanted one. It's always good to try something new, you know.

So, I did it. But I kept it really simple. Just the way I like it.



I simply cut a square of scrap paper a little bigger than my photos, and then painted around it to create my frame.



Then I placed my photos inside, some cardstock, a title, and voila. I kept trying to add some embellishments, but I liked it best when it stayed simple. I didn't even have that much to say; the photos and the title, (and the little handwritten "always") captures how I feel about Sam's love of science and nature, and my hope that he always keeps his eyes open.



Which reminds me, back when he was a rambunctious 2 year old running me ragged, about the only thing he stopped moving for was to look at books about animals, and a to watch insects at the playground. Seriously.

While you're here, tell me, what's your favorite crafty technique?

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you come again!

To get back to Simply Scrapping Blog Hop group, click here.

7 comments:

  1. Love this masked frame...great effect and super layout...*smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aliza, For masking not being your forte, you came up with a fantastic idea. Your frame makes quite an impact.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this layout really reflects your style perfectly, Aliza & I love it! The way you incorporated masking is so clever! Just love the frame. And the photos are adorable & precious!
    Thanks for joining the SSC Blog Hop
    Rene
    PS I became a follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has to be stamping, I LOVE my stamps both rubber and digital. I really love you LO I much prefer LO's that let the eye concentrate on the photo,
    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like simple:) That is a such a classic, eye-catching layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU DID IT!!! Perfect technique making your own border, totally beautiful layout :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job Aliza! I love your LO, as always!!!

    ReplyDelete