My Scrapbook Resume

Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Totally Win!

See, I have been dying to go bird watching in Central Park for years. I've read books on the subject (really, not book, books), and every year I try to entice the family to go. I knew they would love it if they went, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get anyone to go with me.

So for Mother's Day, it was decided (by Dave) that we would go. It is my day, after all. They accepted their fate, but, oh, how they doubted me. "Yeah, it's going to be so great to see pigeons."

Then we got there, and once we got our little backpacks, Sam was happy right away. "Cool, binoculars!" He immediately, was on the lookout for frogs and birds, and he was climbing on the giant rocks, giving us all little heart palpitations, since he always likes to find the most challenging spots to climb. And, Max was determined not to complain, as a Mother's Day gift to me. He even got in on the action a little bit.




Still, some time went by, and the trees were quiet, not a non-robin bird in sight. Still, it was nice to be out in a new place, a new kind of environment (namely, outside).

















And then, finally:





There were more birds, just they were hard to catch on camera, what with the flying, and all.

Oh, and I also like this:



Long, multi-photo story short. No one else wanted to go, everyone had a good time, which makes me right, everyone else wrong. I Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment