My Scrapbook Resume

Friday, March 16, 2012

Purim 2012

Ahh, Purim. My favorite holiday has come and gone.


A quick overview: On Purim we read the always engaging story of Queen Esther saving the Jewish people from the wicked Haman. To celebrate, children (and adults) dress in costumes, send packages of food to each other, eat hamantashen, and engage in general merriment. 




This year I had to work on Purim.  I'm working later hours than I have in years past, so I missed a lot of the merriment, and the delivering of packages. It wasn't an easy choice, but teaching at Jewish school, I had spent the last few weeks teaching my students about Purim. So I felt I should be there for their celebration. And celebrating at school meant that it would be a hectic day for my co-teachers, and I felt it was unfair of me to leave them with that. So while I strongly believe in family first, this was one situation where I felt that working was the right thing to do. I feel pretty confident that my kids have the blessing of two parents, who,while they work, are pretty present in their every day lives. So, this was one situation where the right thing to do was not the easy thing to do. Sam took it pretty hard though. And, I had a heavy heart the while time at work. But I enjoyed every second left of the holiday as soon as I got home. A few neighbors stopped by our place to deliver food to us, and then we enjoyed our Purim meal together:



So all that background information was just so I could share this layout with you.


It tells a little about how Sam and I were sad on Purim because I had to work. But, it also tells about how last year Max spent Purim out with his friends. Sam thought he might do the same this year. But Max said to Sam, "We already don't have Mommy here, so we should stay together." 

For Purim 2010, I scrapped my many photos in January 2011. In 2011, I had so many pictures, I made a four page layout. This year, I started this layout on Purim itself, and it might just be the only story I need to tell. I love it that much.




1 comment:

  1. I love the story of Queen Esther and always wondered if I could be so brave. Thank you for sharing this. I am sorry that you weren't able to be there as much as both you and Max wished for. I do love what Max said to his older brother, so sweet. we only get them for a short while, it's good to cherish what we can.

    ReplyDelete