My Scrapbook Resume

Thursday, December 24, 2009

I just love these scissors so flippin' much!


I've been working on my etsy shop, making it look a bit more pretty and professional. And I wasn't going to post here until I had that finished. So I could say, "Tada! Now everyone, go look at my improved etsy store." But, there I was working on a a logo/banner for the store, and I had to trim a piece of cardstock. An ever so tiny slice. And I thought, there is no way this is going to come out as a clean cut. But these scissors, man! There is nothing they cannot do. It cuts ribbon so cleanly. No fraying or uneven cuts at all. I actually felt such an outpouring of love towards these scissors, I just had to photograph them right away.

I bought these scissors for the recent Lower East Side Chanukah party, where I was cutting lots of fabric for a craft project for the kids in the neighborhood. I knew my usual scissors would not do the trick, so I splurged on a more expensive pair. I never knew the bond that would form between us. I even use it instead of my paper cutter (though I am in the market for a new one of those, too.)

Now, I also need to confess, that a recent blog post on CathyZielske.typepad.com, also features her scissors. So, maybe I am just copying her. I do find her approach to design and scrapbooking most in line with mine, and I take much inspiration from her. Now I have given credit where credit is due.

And if you still want to see my etsy store, the current improvements are in the photos. So if you want to see what I mean, take a look. DesignsByAliza.etsy.com

And while I am singing the praises of inanimate objects, I will speak briefly about burlap. Because burlap is in almost every photo I have taken. I love burlap, plain and simple. I think everything is a bit more beautiful with a touch of sack cloth. And rocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment