My Scrapbook Resume

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Let's Go to the Movies

We are a homebodied people, we Deutsches. I can stay home for days on end, happily puttering about with cleaning and scrapbooking. Dave can be entertained forever as long a he has books, Call of Duty, and TV. The kids adore the television like a member of the family. An since we are all out and about during  the week, on the weekends, we can be pretty immobile.

But with Shabbat ending early in the winter, Sam has been eager for us to go out on a Saturday night. And Max has been trying to get together with friends on Saturday eve.

So, finally, last week, Sam and I decided to go see Catching Fire. Dave was happy to come with.

But wait! That is a movie we all wanted to see together, and Max wanted to see his friends! What to do? What to do?

Well, Max came with us. As snow fell gently out the window, we rode the bus to the theater. 

We looked forward to walking home in the snow. 

We did walk home for most of the way, but by then, the snow had turned to rain.


But the real point of this story is that while we walked home, I said to Max, "Sorry you didn't get together with your friends tonight. 

And he said, "I am having fun." 

I said, "Oh. cool."

But what I thought was: "Oh frabjous day! Calooh! Callay!"

Because my 15 year old baby boy likes to hang out with his family.



1 comment:

  1. I don't get over here as much as I wish I could but whenever I do Aliza you always give me such a warm lift with stories of your boys. Enjoy your time together. We are so lucky!!

    ReplyDelete