My Scrapbook Resume

Friday, March 1, 2013

March Mini Madness

Yes, March is mini madness at Write.Click.Scrapbook.

I have long struggled with the mini album format, so I left myself lots of time to work on this project. I used this album to tell a story that I had been meaning to tell for years and years. It's the story of Max's first picture day in preschool.

I wrote this as a picture book to be read aloud to my preschool classes. Every year, on picture day, at least one child cries when a stranger comes in and starts giving instructions and taking photos. And at that point, I  always say, "Oh, I should make a book about Max's picture day. That would be good to read right now."

When Max was in preschool, I knew that he would be that child who cried, so we prepared a lot for the experience.

So, without further ado, I bring you, "Picture Day."















This is still one of my favorite pictures ever. 













2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Aliza!! This is adorable!! I love the story, and the surprise picture at the end with Max's pouty lip and puppy dog eyes. How wonderful to share this experience with your classes. {{HUG!!}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fantastic mini album and l love the story of how you shared it with your students!

    ReplyDelete