My Scrapbook Resume

Friday, October 7, 2011

Yom Kippur Layout?

Here it is, Yom Kippur, a time where we ask others for forgiveness. Wouldn't you know it, Just a couple of weeks before this most sacred day, I made a layout entitled, "Saying Sorry." I didn't plan for it to coincide with the holiday; in fact, I had been thinking about it since June. I didn't have a particular photo in mind, or even any particular sketch or product. This is one where the journaling came first.

I wanted to document a small little detail of having school aged children. Yes, gone are the days of baby cheeks, and little kid kisses, but there is a freedom that comes with that. First, the freedom to go to the bathroom by yourself, and second, the freedom to get angry, and make mistakes. Because, when they are older, you can apologize to them, and they can apologize to you. And they get it, and they mean it (usually).


If you click on the photo, you can read my long, detailed, musings.

So Shana Tova, and may all our transgressions be forgiven.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I am not jewish, but I heard a show about this holiday on the radio today. What a wonderful idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful layout documenting your religion. So love the layout & story behind it!

    ReplyDelete